Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our blessings

As I type this, I am sitting in the hospital hoping that I can go home today. I have been here since Saturday afternoon. I got my PICC line put in on Thursday so that I could do antibiotics for 3 weeks at home. I was doing well, very tired from the stress of it, but it was tolerable. Saturday was our yard sale, we got finished with that and my arm started to hurt, not just sore, but ached. I knew that I knew I had had this before and I figured it was a blood clot. I sat down and rested a bit thinking it would go away..it did not, it only got worse. So, for those that know me, I don't like to go to the ER, I would rather wait until Monday and go the my doctor. I called the doctor and he said I needed to go to the ER. I got up there about 5 and my sister met us up there to be with the boys. After a couple hours and about 5 diff. tests, they determined I have a blood clot. BIg surprise! So I waited until about 1 am to get a room. It was determined the next day that I would need to get a port put in. This will go under the skin in my chest and I will get my meds taht way. The port will be able to be kept in for a long period of time and will have a very slight chance of blood clots. I was prepped for the minor surgery on monday..Monday rolled around and the surgery was cancelled, my blood was too thin to do the surgery...so yesterday was the day. I went in about 10 am and was back in my room by 1 pm. Chris came up for it. I think that he was more nervous than I was..not really i was pretty jumpy! I am used to many diff. medical things, but this was something new and I did not know what to expect. So all went well, the port is in and I am, to say the least very sore! I did not sleep much last night, my chest and neck are very sore, from all the manipulation and I am finally getting some stronger pain medications. Hopefully I can sleep better tonight.
The title of my post is to express my gratitude and to share with everyone the blessings in my life. First, my family. Chris has been up here with me everyday..he goes home, makes supper, cleans the house and get the boys ready for bed. He is such a wonderful husband and there are many times that I do not thank him enough. He is truly one of a kind. He came into our relatinoship knowing what baggage I had, but he has truly stepped up the plate when things get rough adn I am not at home...
My kids have been wonderful through all this...they are helping daddy and picking up their toys and are being such angels. I know that they are so scared when I am not there, wondering where I am and when I am coming home...they are so strong and brave and never fail to melt my heart when they call me..
My mom has been a godsend through this, she is there to help with the boys, clean my house and to help me when I am home and not able to do much. It is very hard for me not to do things around the house, I usually do too much...my mom is there to help me to sit and not do too much...
Thank you all for all you have given me adn for sticking with me through all the ups and downs...you are all truly angels and I thank God for you everyday!!
Hopefully my next post will be from home!

2 comments:

  1. I was at pre k yesterday did Owen tell you? I was Mrs. Martin. He just kept looking at me smiling kind of! I had a fun day! I'll be back next week to. You are on our prayer list and you can add us to your list of helpers. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika - please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need help! We will be sure to keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete