Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall is upon us

This blog will come in two parts...I don't have my camera to post any pictures, but I will do the writing now and post pictures when I can find my USB cord to my camera.. I am convinced my children have something to do with it missing.. Fall is definetly upon us. Football games have begun on Friday nights..that is where you will find us on Friday nights. The timber and pond have been calling out names on Saturdays..we are going out there, cutting firewood, clearing brush, cooking hotdogs and doing a little fishing. Chris has finally said he does not want to see another hot dog for a very long time. Fall for us is a busy time. Chris is in full swing with school, basketball has begun which means many late nights and the boys are finally settled into a routine. Along with all this come my illness. Fall is historically a very rough time for me, health-wise. I am usually in the hospital one or two times during the fall. This is when infections sprout (the flu and pneumonia get the best of me every year). Because I am in the hospital, fall is especially hard on Chris. I know we all say this but, my husband truly is a saint. When I am healthy and at home, we usually split the work around the house 50/50. We are a very good team. We always have been. We really have had to be a team from the day our boys were born. There were always two of them, so both of us were always busy and all the childcare responsibilities were split 50/50. But..when I am sick...poor Chris has to take on all the household and childcare responsibilties by himself. I am not there to help. He has to work, be home with the boys and do all the nightly routines and morning routines and on top of that, always manages to have the house spotless when I get home. He is truly a saint. So, fall is coming, that means I have gotten out many of my fall decorations and am ready for pumpkins and planting mums.. I hope to do this this weekend. I am now ready for the cool weather...I will have pics up tomorrow I hope, once I can find my cord to down load pictures. Until then...everyone have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment