Friday, December 19, 2008

ICE..Ugh!

Two posts in two days....dont' expect this every week. I did not think that the roads and driveways would be too bad. It looked as if everything had started to melt as I headed out the door this morning. Boy was I wrong...as I was driving my car to Taylor's Tire and Auto to get my car tuned up and tires rotated, I applied my brakes and ...nothing! My car slid right into the building leaving a large, large dent in the shape of my car in the metal building. Of course, I just sat there with my hand over my mouth. Finally, I put it into reverse and backed out of the little hole I had just created for my car. I put it into park and got out..almost falling down. Apparently, the lot was a sheet of ice! Anyway, it was 7:15 and they don't open until 8, so I waited until 8 and called and told them the obvious...I am sure they saw it as they drove up today. My insurance company is dealing with it and I am just thankful it was only tires on the other side of that wall, and not some expensive car equipment!
Lesson Learned!
Just thought I would share this with everyone. I am still a bit shook about it all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I totally laughed out loud at this!! Sorry, but I couldn't help it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mika, I am so excited that you guys have a blog! I have to agree with Steph, I laughed too. It sounds like you were a good sport about the whole thing. What else could you do? Welcome to the blog world, we look forward to sharing a small part of your life!

    ReplyDelete