Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Blog

So...this is my first blog. So bear with me. As Christmas nears, my kids are getting so anxious, they have begun asking me,"Is Santa coming -night?" I have to continue to say, "Soon." They then answer with,"Monanday?" (that is monday in their language) I then say, "no, in a week," as if I am expecting them to know what a week means...they then reply, "a week?" I then answer, "yes"
This conversation goes on every evening after dinner and baths. Owen and Peyton are so pumped, I love it! It is such a blessing to see Christmas through the eyes of a three year old. Actually 2 three year olds. In one just year, their interest in Christmas has grown 200 %. They wanted to put the tree up at Halloween, but we were able to hold back until Thanksgiving. The Friday after Thanksgiving, we put the tree up. Their eyes were so big when we finally turned on the lights, the glow of the ornaments and glitter on the tree engulfed their attention.

Boxes:
For those of us who are parents, we know the fun and excitement of boxes. At our house, we actually used a refrigerator box as furniture for about 2 months. The boys played in it for weeks and weeks. They just loved it! We finally were able to get rid of it in early spring. Just a few days ago...we received a package in the mail. I opened the box up and inside was another box with a gift in it. I took the gift upstairs and left the large box downstairs in the kitchen. I came back down and heard fighting...very common in my house. I came downstairs and saw my two boys fighting over who could sit in the box and drive and who had to sit on the floor outside the box and be passenger. Well, Owen won the battle and Peyton had to sit next to the box and be the passenger. So I sat behind the box and was the "baby". THe boys loved that!
The box is still in the house and its been used as a car, cart, baby stroller, table...etc. The possibilities are endless.
That's it from here... for now...
Everyone..have a great Thursday.

1 comment: