Monday, February 2, 2009

Homesick...and at home

Most mothers will be able to relate to this after reading..This weekend my brother moved from one place in St. Louis to another place in St. Louis. We volunteered to help him move on Saturday. We loaded my van up with furniture and loaded my parents truck with stuff and headed to St. Louis..minus two little boys...Owen and Peyton. This leads to my heading...homesick. We dropped off the boys at my mother and father in laws and headed to St. Louis. I know that my kids love their grandma and grandpa and love spending time with them, but still, I hate to leave my kids anytime. We moved my brother and at about 1 I began to be very homesick. I just wanted to see my boys. I know that most mothers can relate to this homesickness. I really missed the boys and was almost sick that they were not there with me. Chris and I both work, so on weekend or days that we are not working, we spend every minute with the boys. We really are never away from them unless we are working. Perhaps is the working parents guiltiness, but we hate to be away from them for any length of time.

On top of my feeling sick for my kids, the boys woke up on Sunday with terrible colds and their eyes matted shut. We used warm washcloths on their eyes and they took some dimetapp and they recovered enough to make a snowman outside. I hope that my whole family can get over their colds and be on the path to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment